Saturday, 14 May 2016

Sick Days




Well, it's been a rough week ever since we had a beautiful night to ourselves at the Swan Lake Castle last Sunday. The place was gorgeous and we even had our very own elevator that opened up into our room. Hot tub, pool, dinner out with no kids... it was almost like we were single again. If you are looking for a place to stay for the wedding, this is a hard place to ignore - plus the waterslides are right next door. Unfortunately, they weren't open yet.

Smokin'!
But of course we are still parents and we were asleep by eleven pm. 

Anyways, ever since it's been hospital city here. Kennedy has had an ear infection which ironically means he is leaking out of his nose and eyes. It's been this way since Monday and he's on antibiotics but there's been no noticeable change. I had the nurse duty for the first half of the week and Jaime has been doing the second half but it's wearing on her - she's in bed at 7 after getting Kennedy to sleep. Avery is beside me on the couch, watching Rescue Bots and I'm wondering how I thought I would be able to make a weekly memories post for this blog. I mean, that involves dedicating an hour or so a week to it and the kids and housework don't seem to care about my schedule.  

Avery stayed home on Thursday so she'd feel better for a birthday party sleepover on Friday but that also didn't end well - she came home at 10.45 because she 'missed us'. Sadly, all the other girls also wanted to go home. I guess they weren't quite ready for a slumber party yet. 

Carrie, our student is also feeling sick so she's getting to experience a true Canadian cold, complete with Buckley's, And yes, it still does taste awful. 

Okay, short and sweet, unlike this sickness going through our home. Have a better weekend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment