Friday, 6 May 2016

Annibirthery Day

So May 6th is Jaime's birthday. It's also pretty much the day she decided, despite all the evidence presented, to take a chance on this chump. She told me years ago that for whatever reason, on the night of her 23rd birthday, 8 years ago today, she saw me join her table of friends and co-workers at a pub in PG for a birthday drink and by the end of the night said 'Yeh, he'll do.'

And I've been doing ever since. :)

Today she told me she still remembers what I was wearing - blue shirt and suit jacket (I call it Hollywood casual). She was wearing a simple tank top with a floral pattern that I have never seen since.

It's odd to think of how long it's been and how fast it's gone. 3 houses, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 5 moves, don't know how many jobs... and throughout it all, we're still together because.... well, she's my best friend.

And as I sit here typing this a few minutes before going to work, she's upstairs having a birthday night sleepover with Kennedy and Avery in our bed because that's who she is. I imagine she is pretending to sleep as I can still hear Kennedy giggling away and saying "I Am A Ro-Bot".

I Love You, baby. Happy birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment