Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Our first Valentine's Day

Our first Valentine's.  (2009) 

Jaime and I spent our first Valentine's Day traveling to Parry Sound, Ontario, I was her date to her brother Darren's marriage to Natalie. It was the first time I was meeting Jaime's Ontario family and luckily for me, she was already 4 months pregnant. I knew they just couldn't wait to see the father of her child being 12 years older than her with one bad marriage behind him. 

We drove to Calgary to fly to Toronto and nearly ran out of gas going through the mountains, so while this wasn't our first fight, it was probably our first real Trust test. ('don't worry, Jaim, I'll just draft behind this semi on this really icy mountain highway'. We'll be fine). Jaime was VERY not impressed but she was able to refrain from killing me probably because she (A) needed a date for the wedding and (B) was 4 months pregnant.

This is her not being impressed. Never seen such a hate glow-on before.
Western Ontario, making you feel welcome since never. 
Parry Sound lighthouse for small boats. 
Parry Sound lighthouse for the bigger boats.
Epilogue; Thankfully, Jaime's family were all very welcoming and friendly towards me and nobody (especially Jaime) threw a drink in my face. Parry Sound was an interesting and beautiful place, especially in the summer. Winter...well....it's the same as northern BC.
Parry Sound ice fishing village

And we finished with a very Canadian pilgrimage to the Hockey Hall of Fame
where we touched one of 3 replicas of the Stanley Cup.
 

1 comment:

  1. A lovely trip really!!! Despite the empty gas gauge game

    ReplyDelete