Jaime's Graduation and our first house
 |
| Beautiful and Brainy |
Jaime's rocking the UNBC Graduation gown, achieving her bachelor's degree in Social Work (
which I just found out is nothing like a diploma or the same as social services) while dealing with me, my ongoing custody battle for Jordan and being about...8 months pregnant by this point.
The convocation was interesting but not. To me it was like a high school graduation but on steroids. Lots of speeches from people I never heard of, lots of waiting and a lot of old people dressed up in silly costumes. The ceremonial aspects were both peculiar and ridiculous, steeped in traditions that in any other surroundings would cause people like me to laugh. But I didn't.
 |
| 'And now some words from the Royal Holder of the Photocopier Access Code" |
By this time we moved in together into my first house on Westwood Drive in Prince George. A lot of work went into renovating the inside but it wasn't conducive to our quickly forming family. I also started having 'transitional' custody of Jordan. I had to agree to short day visits, followed by overnights, gradually leading up my court-mandated one week a month custody arrangement. This involved a lot of travelling in the Spring. Occasionally Jaime came with me to spend the overnights with Jordan at my best man Dave's place in Chilliwack. Gradually it grew to driving to and from Cache Creek 2x a month to maintain my access to Jordan.
 |
Jordan Age about 1.5 years, Jaime pregnant about 7 months,
Me a healthy 29 years old |
 |
| The Renovations to do/complete Board |
No comments:
Post a Comment