28 days...
![]() |
| not to be confused with .... |
![]() |
| the worst wedding party ever. |
Yep. I guess we are heading into the home stretch now. We went and paid for a marriage license at London Drugs because apparently you can do that. That was last week. Then a couple of days ago we met a nice lady named Karen (coincidentally also the name of the mother of the groom) at the Tim Horton's where Jaime and her talked for an hour. I, as usual, kept my involvement to a minimum as I tried not to cry.
But I did find out my Dad's middle name is Roy, which was the nickname of my Grandpa. I knew Dad's middle name was his father's, just as my middle name is his. And while I knew Grandpa's nickname was Roy and his real name was Cedric, I didn't know he gave Dad his nickname and not his real name. Make sense? Anyways, my Dad's real name is Kenneth Roy Royston, not Kenneth Cedric Royston as I thought. Thankfully, that's where it ended. Who knows where I would have wound up if my name was Roy Roy Royston.
But I digress...
We went through the rough timeline with her. It starts at four, takes no more than 20 minutes including the signing and we are done. We discussed/edited down our vows to keep it as simple and painless as possible. I said we didn't need to have the whole bit about what a marriage is - you should all know the theory behind it by now, right? So that was cut. We know what rings symbolize - cut. Making out with Jaime for an inappropriate amount of time - cut.
We talked about entrances and timing, whose doing what, the music that will be played and our thoughts on photography. Just so it's no surprise, we would prefer if there were no pictures during the ceremony, unless of course your camera phone has a silent function. Hearing clickclickclickclick kind of takes away from hearing me mumble and/or sob like Michael Jordan winning the big game (so happy crying, not sad crying). We will have a photographer there who will be taking pictures and we will be sure to upload them after all is said and done so you can pick and choose which ones to download.
We aren't going to be having a receiving line either. Just come up and give us a nod or tuck some gold bullion in my pockets. That will do.
We do want a group picture immediately after- that means everyone there is in it, like a high school graduation photo - Karen has agreed to take the picture for us. It's going to be awesome. If you are in the can or at the bar and you're not there, sorry. Karen is on the clock.
Then we go take some private pictures, you guys all entertain yourselves with drinks and lawn games or even just a picturesque walk and we start eating around 6pm. Then a couple of speeches and dancing. Just like any other Saturday night.
Jaime has been doing a fantastic job on the crafts and decorations for the wedding. She's loving Pinterest and I'm loving she's not telling me how much all these craft supplies are costing.


No comments:
Post a Comment