Monday, 4 April 2016

romance (is a two way street)

Ok so I (Jaime) am not as good at this writing thing, but it has been drawn to my attention that I have yet to make a post on here. I have also been reminded that romance is a two way street! So anyways I have carved out some time(while Jay puts the kids to bed) to share some memories of our early romance.
So Jay and I met working together at Axis Family Resources. We got to spend some time working together and being colleagues and friends, which really helped me get accustomed to his sense of humor. So we had hung out a few times socially with a group of his friends at the pub playing music trivia. We were really a great team as Jay could easily name anything 1990 and older, while I owned the 90's and 00's. Anyhow, I texted Jay one evening and asked him if he would like to meet for a drink, just the two of us. He replied with "was that text intended for me? you know this is Jay right?" I could see I had my work cut out for me. We did end up meeting for a drink that night, at which point he took this picture of pretending to pick my nose.
                                                This is romance

So you can see how the sparks flew immediately. As any relationship goes, it's not always moments of romantic perfection. But there are a lot of laughs. If there is one thing that Jay can do, it is make me laugh. The other thing that Jay was really good at back then was taking beautiful pictures. He had many artsy pictures of his dogs and nature, and of course of me.
                                                 study snuggle time

When we started pending more time together, I would often find Jay off to the side taking pictures of me doing something rather uninteresting. But he sure knew how to make me feel beautiful.
Occasionally he would take part in a picture.
                                                     yay we're both in this one!

Once we were officially an item Jay was always good at making time for just us. We were out one night on a date and ended up talking for a while with two other guys who joined our table. The guys were all hitting it off talking about.....I don't remember, guy stuff. When it came time to head out the guys invited Jay to stay and hang with them. Jay responded "no offence but look at her. \it's a no brainer". The guys didn't argue and I felt beautiful again.
So maybe he's always been the romantic one and I just get by being cute? I guess we'll have to see what he says about that one!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this, it made me smile. I think that nose-picking pic is actually the night Avery was conceived. It's definitely not a move you would read about in Maxim.

    ReplyDelete